Time Travellers’ Café explained
The idea of the Time Travellers’ Café is simple – to provide a safe and relaxing place for people with dementia or age related memory issues and their families and carers to share experiences, have access to information and to meet others in the same situation.
We are aiming to combat the isolation that can sometimes be felt through:
- Providing a welcoming and relaxing place where people can share experiences if they wish to
- Providing a range of speakers and activities that give information that helps to support members
- Enabling both carers and cared-for to share and enjoy an activity together
- Work towards Dementia Friendly Status we will speak out about dementia and its effects so that people feel empowered to deal with it
- Developing a range of resources and information that people can use to help improve their knowledge of the condition and to enhance their daily lives
- Encouraging people to have fun together.
When does it happen?
Time Travellers’ Café meets on the first Thursday of the month and a full list of activities will be developed throughout the year. All are welcome to drop in and join us. We will be open between 12.30pm – 2.30pm.
The Hub Café menu will be available and in addition we will be offering a light lunch priced at £3.00.
The local Alzheimer’s Society has been actively involved in setting the café up, and we encourage visits by professionals from other agencies that can offer support to those that drop in.
For more information please come along to the café or contact Debbie Wood.